[Mac OS X TeX] Updated CMacTeX

Tom Kiffe tom at kiffe.com
Tue May 8 19:20:28 EDT 2001

I posted an updated cmactex_osx.sit this noon. All that changed is setup.
It now allows you to have three default texmf trees. The first one searched
is called texmflocal and it must contain the files specific to CMacTeX. The
second is tetexlocal, your local teTeX texmf tree. The last is texmf itself.
All three of these can be symlinks but they must reside in the same folder
as the binaries folder. You can override this default behavior by recording
your search paths in a file and having setup read this file to set search
paths. Read the default_osx.paths file carefully to see just how to do this.
CMacTeX does not read texmf.cnf to get search paths.

If you downloaded cmactex_osx.sit before this noon (U.S. Central Daylight Time)
you only have to download setup.sit. The url is
http://www.kiffe.com/tex/programs/setup.sit.bin.

Tom Kiffe

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.