[Mac OS X TeX] Updated CMacTeX for OS X

Tom Kiffe tom at kiffe.com
Mon May 7 17:36:51 EDT 2001

Sorry Michael and Oliver. I am a little slow at times and did not think of
a local texmf tree for teTeX. Fortunately an almost trivial change to the
setup program will implement this feature. I will try to upload an update
by late Tuesday afternoon, Central Daylight Time. If anyone has found any
bugs they should let me know ASAP and I will try to correct them tonight.

I have put up a Web Page describing, in layman's term, how to build teTeX
from sources. The url is http://www.kiffe.com/tetex.html.

Tom Kiffe

>did anybody find an answer to Michael's question?  I have exactly the same problem and would appreciate a solution.
>
>Olli.
>
>Michael Murray wrote:
>> instructions from Dick Koch I modified my
>>
>> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>>
>> so it said
>>
>> TEXMF = {~/Library/texmf,!!$TEXMFMAIN}
>>
>> This way I can keep my own things in my own directory
>> and leave the teTeX installation `clean' (besides the change
>> to texmf.cnf of course).
>>
>> Is there a way of making CMacTeX look at both the
>> main teTeX texmf and my own one?

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.