[Mac OS X TeX] LyX, T1

Alexandre Enkerli aenkerli at indiana.edu
Tue Nov 20 11:45:31 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Just installed LyX through Fink. The installation didn't succeed but the
program seems to be okay.
Anyone here has experience with LyX on Mac OS X?
Do you know if there's a way to send LyX output to Mac OS X Acrobat
Reader?
I tried changing the output preferences to "open -a
/Applications/Acrobat\ Reader\ 5.0" and it does open Acrobat but then
the file is missing from the buffer directory. I might investigate a bit
more but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this.

Now, here's something relatively strange. When I use gv and other X
programs to view a T1-encoded pdf (produced by LyX or by TeXShop), it's
output looks fine but it looks awful in Acrobat which tells me the
document is using "F16" Type 3 fonts. Doesn't this mean that the T1
fonts are available under X but not on the Mac OS X side? Isn't there an
obvious way to fix this?

Anyhow, I'll test a few things out and tell you if I solve everything
out.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.