[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop Crashing the Window Server

Ullrich Steiner u.steiner at chem.rug.nl
Mon Nov 5 08:11:31 EST 2001

<x-flowed ISO-8859-1>Concerning the discussion on the bug in MacOS X that causes problems
with the pdf rendering.  Apple released an update for developers :
10.1.1 (build 5M13) that fixes a number of bugs.  I haven't tested it
thoroughly, but I did download Cyrill Rüttimar's files.  They display on
my machine running 10.1.1 with no problems.

Regards,

Ulli

On Saturday, November 3, 2001, at 11:25 , Cyrill Rüttimann wrote:

> *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
> Pro*
>
> On Samstag, November 3, 2001, at 02:56  Uhr, Richard Koch wrote:
>
> Hi Richard,
>

>> 	a) A short example, either a tex pdf file which contains an
>> 	illustration, or just a pdf illustration, which crashes the
>> 	system when viewed by TeXShop, Preview, etc.
>
> I have included a tar.gz with a short example.
>>
>> 	b) A description of exactly how the illustration was
>> 	created.
>
> The illustration logo.pdf was generated using Illustrator 9 --> Save as
> Adobe Illustrator PDF. Source was logo.eps created by Illustrator 9.
>
> The other illustrations included in the document where translated by
> epstopdf. The source files *.eps where created by Illustrator 9.
>
> As you can see, the first page only with the logo.pdf do not crash the
> system. But if you go forward to the other illustrations, the system
> crashes.
>
> I use pdflatex to produce the pdf's
>

> Regards,
>
> Cyrill

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

--------------------------------------
Ullrich Steiner
Department of Polymer Chemistry