[Mac OS X TeX] Request [...] cm-super

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Thu Nov 29 10:51:10 EST 2001

> Is there anyone here using cm-super fonts?

I've been trying to install them but did not get any success so far:

- I put all *.pfb files in ~/Library/texmf/fonts/type1/public/cm-super/

- all dvips/*.map and dvips/*.enc files in
~/Library/texmf/dvips/cm-super/

- just to be sure, also all ready-to-use *.tfm files for ec and tc fonts
(from CTAN) in ~/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/jknappen/ec/ and
~/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/jknappen/tc/

(I never managed to configure TeXShop so that it launches Metafont to
generate missing *.pk and *.tfm files on the fly, and I don't understand
teTeX well enough to run its components directly from the terminal ---
which component to run, and how? ---.)

However the tricky bit seems to be related to updmap and mktexlsr:

- I created a copy of udpmap in ~/Library/texmf/dvips/config/ and added
the required lines (from the INSTALL file of the cm-super distribution)
into the extra_modules section, then ran updmap from the terminal.
Everything I got was

[legimc11:~] bvoisin% ~/Library/texmf/dvips/config/updmap
cat: *-adobe-bi.map: No such file or directory

and many more complains about "No such file or directory".

- I didn't even try to run mktexlsr.

I thought maybe running again the TeXGSInstaller would read my added
files and do all the required initialization. Could this work?

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.