[Mac OS X TeX] Seminar/Landscape

Hemant K. Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Mon Oct 29 07:54:59 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Hi -

This seems almost trivial after the advice I had over the weekend on
seminar/landscape and hyperref. However, I still don't get the results I
need on the actual files. Here's what I need to do (I'm using TeXShop):

I have slides in 'seminar' that need to
a) be in landscape mode
b) display hyperlinks in the pdf file
c) include graphics files in .eps format

A. If I use pdflatex I get (a) and (b) , but (c) is a problem. I tried the
easy approach of converting the .eps files into .pdf using TeXShop, but I
guess I need to work with bounding boxes and all to get the sizes right. I
have too many files and too many old presentations - so I don't really want
to do all the conversions. What I'd really like to make work is B.

B. If I use Tex + Ghostscript (altpdflatex), I can get (b) and (c) if I use
\usepackage[dvips]{hyperref} - however, the landscape mode gets chopped off
on the right. If I use just \usepackage{hyperref} the landscape mode works
fine (after a rotation in Acrobat), but this doesn't produce hyperlinks.

I suppose the way to go is (A) after converting the .eps files and I can do
this in the long term - but is there a short-term solution for (B)?

Thanks for all your help

- Hemant Bhargava

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.