[Mac OS X TeX] Seminar/Landscape

Hemant K. Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Sat Oct 27 20:29:49 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>Thanks to Gerben and Ross for responding to the seminar/landscape and
hyperlinks queries. As I mentioned earlier, "problem's solved" but I'll
just mention a couple of things that tripped me, for everyone else's
benefit.

a) Landscape mode: I was using \usepackage[dvips]{hyperref} which always
worked for me in the past (with OzTeX) and I continued to use this with
pdftex .. instead of dropping the dvips option

a) Hyperlinks in pdf: The previewer in TeXShop displays PDF files but
doesn't follow hyperlinks. So even if the hyperlinks were there all along,
I didn't know that, and kept thinking they weren't being produced

As of now I'm real happy with my TeX installations on OSX. Way to go!!

- Hemant

--On Saturday, October 27, 2001 4:23 PM +0200 Gerben Wierda
<sherlock at rna.nl> wrote:

> On Saturday, October 27, 2001, at 02:10 , Hemant Bhargava wrote:
>
>> Yes I've tried pdflatex too, with the same results.
>
> Did you try Acrobat 5 (and maybe 4) for displaying? It sounds silly, but
> the fllowing modes of viewing PDF differ on Mac OS X:
>
> 1 - Cocoa apps on Mac OS X (TeXShop, Preview)
> 2 - Carbon apps on Mac OS X (Acrobat 5)
> 3 - Carbon apps (Acrobat 5) on Mac OS 9 or Classic apps (Acrobat 4)
> either on OS 9 or Classic under OS X
>
> The list is in decreasing display niceness and increasing functionality.
> I.e. buttons and links do not work at all in 1 and perfectly in 3. Quartz
> has various bug and incompleteness issues, hence the problems with 1. But
> thinking about it a bit more, I think landscape vs portrait is not one of
> those problems, so it is a tex issue.
>
> (Dynamic presentations, though, only display well with Acrobat 4 under
> Classic or Acrobat 5 under OS 9. To prevent the rebooting, I have
> installed Acrobat 4.05 on my system as well.)

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.