[Mac OS X TeX] problem with new teTeX

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Sat Oct 27 17:10:58 EDT 2001

<x-flowed>> Is anyone else seeing this behavior with the new teTeX? What can I do
> to fix this new problem? Help!!! :-(

Gary,

Yes I'm having exactly the same problem with a figure included using the
graphicx package and:

\includegraphics[bb=0 0 380 380]{figurename.pdf}

The figure doesn't show up at all, in either TeXShop, Preview or Acrobat
Reader 5 (and Mac OS X 10.1). With the previous teTeX, everything was
fine.

If I switch to the TeX + GhostScript route, using the EPS original of
the figure (from which the PDF version was created), then everything is
back to normal: I see the figure in my LaTeX document.

If I remove the bb specification and still use pdfTeX, then everything
is normal again.

Could this be connected to the upgraded pdfTeX in the new teTeX?

On your other topic, converting Illustrator files to PDF, here's what
works for me: I usually create EPSs from Mathematica 4.1 and open them
in Illustrator 8 (for adding labels annotations etc.). If I would save
them as PDFs from Illustrator, then the PDFs would, as for you, have the
full page size. However, by saving them as EPSs from Illustrator, then
opening them with MacGSView 2.0b3, and saving them as PDFs at this stage
only, I get PDFs with the proper size.

At one point I thought it was necessary to use MacGS 5.5 instead of
MacGSView 2.0b3, but now the latter seems to work quite fine.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.