[OS X TeX] MathTimes-Textures to Mac OS X?

Dave McCollum mccollum at colorado.edu
Fri Aug 9 16:18:10 EDT 2002

Bruno,

From what I understand, following discussions on the list, Gerben
said that teTeX's setup/scripts have recently changed (as you allude).

With these changes, some fonts have become "unsupported" in that the
updmap.cfg file was changed.

So, those with "older" teTeX installations have updmap.cfg files more
like yours than mine, and the MathTime and Lucida fonts work, as is.

The positive thing about all of this is that I had to learn a bit
more about fonts and teTeX. This should help me with my attempts to
change fonts from URW to Adobe versions, and add other fonts to teTeX.

However, if I weren't comfortable with UNIX, it would be rather
painful to deal with. I would imagine that a goal is to provide a
combination of teTeX and TeXShop (or another "front end") where one
doesn't need to use the UNIX command line.

Thanks for the extra updamp.cfg info.

-Dave

"help" (no quotes) in the body.