[OS X TeX] Using MetaPost with TeXshop

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Aug 30 12:42:21 EDT 2002

I'm taking my first trip into MetaPost.  I've figured out that I have
to say "prologues := 2;" at the top of a MetaPost file to keep
Ghostscript from complaining.  But now, even when I type verbatim code
from various MetaPost documents, I can't get TeXshop to show anything!

I have the below entered into testmeta.tex.  I choose MetaPost from the
Typeset menu, and it turns without error.  But the PDF view is empty.
I've tried to sic MacGhostViewX directly on the MetaPost output (e.g.,
testmeta.1 renamed to testmeta.eps), but it gives me lots of errors
about /Resources/Font/Nimbus not being found.

Is anyone using MetaPost in TeXshop?  Any advice?  or perhaps a working
example that I can play with?

Thanks!
  Mark

prologues:=2;
input boxes;

beginfig(1);
draw (0,0)..(50,20)..(40,30)..(30,20);
endfig;

beginfig(-2);

boxjoin(a.se=b.sw; a.ne=b.sw);

boxit.a("12");
boxit.b("987");
boxit.c("39");
boxit.d("-12");
boxit.e("...");
drawboxed(a,b,c,d,e);

label.bot("1",a.s);
label.bot("2",b.s);
label.bot("3",c.s);
label.bot("4",d.s);

endfig;

end

Mark Guzdial : Georgia Tech : College of Computing
Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
Associate Professor, Learning Sciences & Technologies
Collaborative Software Lab, http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial/