[Mac OS X TeX] Custom formats (*.fmt) in TeXShop?

Guido Mocken mocken at uni-freiburg.de
Mon Jan 14 10:27:27 EST 2002

Is there an easy way to use custom formats (*.fmt) in TeXShop?
I have created myformat.fmt in the same directory as mytex.tex, which
contains

%&myformat

at the beginning of the document. But TeXShop still uses latex and
ignores my custom format. This is the output of TeXShop:

### /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/tex \&latex
mytex.tex
                                                          ---------
 From the command line "tex mytex.tex" works, as expected.

	Any hints?

		Guido

PS: I need custom formats, because it takes ages to load packages such
as prosper and pstricks separately.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.