[Mac OS X TeX] Re: can i make references invisible?

tom keyes keyes at chem.bu.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:10:17 EST 2002

Thanks to all who responded - great group.
1. pdfpages.sty is a winner. i got an error msg that i had to use pdflatex
when i hit 'latex' on the 'dummy' file.tex in texshop so i ran pdflatex
>from the cli. no problem but i wonder why - i have pdflatex as default
latex in texshop preferences.

2. print selected pages to pdf - i have no idea why but in the resulting
pdf italicized text is so light as to be almost invisible.

3. haven't tried texexec, except to verify that I have it, which i didn't
know. i'm sure not afraid of the cli, have been a unixer all my life and
only migrated my lab to macs when mac became 'the most widely distributed
form of unix'.

4. also tried 'pagesel.sty' and 'selectp.sty' but when the reference pages
are not 'selected' then reference numbers do not show up in the pages that
are selected.

the pdfpages method doesn't lead to a dvi file. is there any way to do this
and get a dvi? a friend of mine told me he edited the dvi - is tht
possible?

Thanks again
Tom

"help" (no quotes) in the body.