[Mac OS X TeX] PDF conversion (encore)

Vinayak Vatsal vatsal at math.ubc.ca
Wed Jan 30 06:59:41 EST 2002

Thanks.

I tried a few more tests, and the results may be of interest to you. It
seems that the problem is with the something in my TeX distribution -- I
tried to create the ps on a Unix box, and then moved it back to create the
PDF on my Mac using Kiffe's Macps2df (=gs 7) and that worked fine. However,
the same ps source gives bad results when using the gs 6 from your latest
distribution. Also, Macps2pdf doesn't work on the ps created locally with
dvips on my Mac (that may be a problem with my map file or something.) I
can send you the dvi file if you want to test it yourself.

I am using the TeXLive that was current as of 1 or 2 days ago.

Thanks.

--On Wednesday, January 30, 2002 12:41 PM +0100 Gerben Wierda