[Mac OS X TeX] Selection of matching parentheses

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Mon Jan 14 12:53:07 EST 2002

Is anybody aware of a way of preventing TeXShop from automatically
selecting the whole text between two matching parentheses, when one just
wants to select one parenthesis? (For those who didn't experience this,
when you select a parenthesis TeXShop selects automatically the matching
parenthesis and the whole text in between.)

Often I found myself deleting the whole text between two parentheses,
while I was trying to select and delete the opening or closing
parenthesis only (and pressed the "Delete" key too quickly before
checking).

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.