[OS X TeX] Styles or macros for preparing posters, and how to use TeXShop for this

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Sat Jun 1 15:07:40 EDT 2002

I'm attempting to prepare a poster in A0 format (841mm wide, 1189mm
tall) with LaTeX and got no success so far. There's a PowerPoint
template with borders containing my lab's and university's logos.

I would rather use LaTeX for the whole poster, instead of preparing
every bit (formulae and the like) separately in LaTeX and import each of
these bits in the PowerPoint template as images (assuming this can
indeed be done). Problems so far are:

- Are there LaTeX styles/macros aimed specially at doing posters ? I'm
using the slides class for the moment.

- I use \setlength{\paperwidth} {841mm} and
\setlength{\paperheight}{1189mm} to make LaTeX aware of A0 paper size, I
use the A0 printer driver (it's a PRINEO printer) and I define the paper
size to be A0 in TeXShop's "Page Setup" menu item for this printer.
However everything I get is blank pages of approximately A4 size. I did
not actually try to print ($50 a page, billed to my lab), but I
previewed the PDF output inside TeXShop, Preview and Acrobat Reader and
got everywhere the same result.

Could it be TeXShop's fault, linked with the past problem for viewing
landscape pages ? Most likely I'm doing something wrong at some point.

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.