[OS X TeX] Styles or macros for preparing posters, and how to use TeXShop for this

chip brock brock at pa.msu.edu
Sun Jun 2 10:32:22 EDT 2002

On 6/1/02 4:36 PM, "Bruno Voisin" <Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr> wrote:

> But now I've got another problem: my version of PowerPoint is quite old
> (from Office 98, I had never used it so far) and can only import
> pictures in EPS format, no PDF. I thought I could use Illustrator to
> convert from PDF to EPS; alas, my version of Illustrator is also old (8)
> so I am faced with the bug reported to this list several times already,
> I think: importing TeX's PDF output into Illustrator results in
> Illustrator claiming that fonts cannot be found.

If I understand what you're needing...I use TeX->pdf and powerpoint together
all the time - for importing mathematics into powerpoint for talks. The
trick is that you display pdf and use the graphics select tool (the one near
the Text tool) and just draw a frame around what you want to copy, copy it
and paste. The pdf rendering is copied, so you get the pdf resolution in the
powerpoint doc. Make the pdf as large as you screen can draw it and then
resize in powerpoint in order to get the best resolution. I do this for math
and for plots, etc.

Ray Brock

> Bruno Voisin

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

Raymond Brock  *  Professor of Physics
3210 BPS Building
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Michigan State University  *  East Lansing, MI  48824
brock at pa.msu.edu

cell..............(517)927-5447
hep office........(517)353-1693/355-9200 #2120
open fax..........(517)355-6661
secure fax........(517)351-0688
Fermilab office...(630)840-2286
CERN Office:......40 5-C31 * 76-71258