[OS X TeX] font appearance

Thomas Schröder thomas at t-schroeder.de
Tue Jun 25 15:56:18 EDT 2002

Hi,

> .pfm (Postscript Font Metric).

Oh, yes, right.

> This was a binary format cooked up by Aldus and Microsoft.

Aha.

> ATM can construct a .pfm from a .afm / .inf pair, but I'm not aware of
> any other readily available software which does that.

I just copied the following files from the Lucida Bright CD to the fonts
folder inside my user's library folder:

lfr.pfb
lfr.pfm
lfr.afm
lfr.pft
lfr.inf
lfr.pfs

Neither Pepper nor Textedit will recognize LucidaFax, which lfr.pfb
really is. So, no luck in installing pure .pfb Type1 fonts, they
apparantly must be converted to Mac format :-(

Oh well, it certainly was worth a shot...

      Ciao, Thomas

Thomas Schröder +++ thomas at t-schroeder.de

"help" (no quotes) in the body.