[OS X TeX] Testers for new TeX Live release wanted, i-package upgraded.

jeanclaudedesoza at mac.com jeanclaudedesoza at mac.com
Sun Jun 2 11:05:34 EDT 2002

After the update, TexShop says : This is pdfTeX, Version
3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211 (Web2C 7.3.7x)
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
I did  a " sudo texconfig init" and TexShop still says : "i'm stymied" !

Here is the list of the errors.

This is a summary of all `failed' messages:
`tex -ini  -fmt=latex -progname=latex latex.ini' failed
`etex -ini  -efmt=elatex -progname=elatex *elatex.ini' failed
`pdftex -ini  -fmt=pdflatex -progname=pdflatex pdflatex.ini' failed
`pdfetex -ini  -efmt=pdfelatex -progname=pdfelatex *pdfelatex.ini' failed
`omega -ini  -fmt=lambda -progname=lambda lambda.ini' failed

Le dimanche 2 juin 2002, à 03:01 PM, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> There have been some last-minute fixes and changes to the upcoming TeX
> Live 7 release. As I provide the binaries for that release, I would
> like a few people to install and test the new binaries. If you test
> something, first run it on your system *as is*, the upgrade and run it
> again to make sure any changes result from the upgrade. We do not have
> time to track down problems which in the end have nothing to do with
> the upgrade. On eimportant part of th eupgrade is an upgrade to dvips
> 5.90a.
>
> The i-package for TeX Live binaries has been upgraded, no new volume
> with a dedicated i-installer has been produces.
>
> To install, take your existing dedicated i-installer for TeX and run it
> from a writable location (e.g. first copy it to your desktop). Select
> the "TeX Programs" i-package and update it.

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.