[OS X TeX] Table question

Cyrill Ruettimann ruettimac at mac.com
Fri Jun 21 05:21:40 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have the following table (article, modifed margins)

\begin{tabular}{p{3.5cm}p{3cm}p{3.5cm}p{5cm}}
  \hline
  Vorname/Name & Firma & Funktion & Kontakt\\
  \hline
  Karl Krüppel & Krüppel AG, Gunzgenstrasse 45, 2323 Lyss & Geschäftsführer & \begin{tabular}{@{}ll}
  Telefon: & 012 345 45 95\\
  Fax: & 023 111 34 99\\
  Mobil: &\\
  Email: & \\
\end{tabular}\\
  \hline
\end{tabular}

and the following problems:

- I use p{x} because the line breaks will be automatically set. Otherwise I have to set line breaks manually and all tables over several documents does not look the same

- p{x} produces centered text which leeds to problems. The street (Gunzgenstrasse 45) will be distributed over the whole cell, the streetname of the left side and the number on the right side

- The contact informations are in a table in the row Kontakt. So phone (Telefon), Fax and Mobil are in one row and they are independend how  many rows the others (Funktion) are using. But all other rows (Vorname/Name, Firma, Funktion) are vertically centered to the table with the contact informations. But I want it on the top - as it is if I do not use a table for the contact. Strange is, that the Zip code and the city stay together! They are not distributed over the cell like the street and the streetnumber.

The table should look like this:

Vorname/Name       Firma                    Funktion          Kontakt
Karl Krüppel       Krüppel AG,              Geschäftsführer   Telefon:  xxxxx
                   Gunzgenstrasse 45,                         Fax:      xxxxx
                   2323 Lyss                                  Mobil:    xxxxxx
                                                              Email:    xxxxxx

and not like this -the code above produces this:

Vorname/Name       Firma                       Funktion          Kontakt
                                                                 Telefon:  xxxxx
Karl Krüppel       Krüppel und Sauerländer AG,  Geschäftsführer  Fax:      xxxxx
                   Gunzgenstrasse          45,                   Mobil:    xxxxxx
                   2323 Lyss                                     Email:    xxxxxx

Other solutions than my approach welcome!

Thanks,

Cyrill

"help" (no quotes) in the body.