[OS X TeX] BBEdit LaTeX glossary; MacRoman vs. TeX

Joseph Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed Jun 26 09:00:11 EDT 2002

Gary and I are working on updating his site, and staying more up-to-date
via a tag team approach. Some may have noticed this? Anyway, we have a
long way to go, but if you send me updates, I'll post them.

I've also recently posted a page to which there are no links. I don't
know if it's format/idea is good or not, but I'd appreciate any
feedback. It's incomplete, and should ideally be a little more
sophisticated (e.g. where do BBEdit tools like yours fit), but it's a
start.
http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOS_X_TeX_Table.html

Gary and I are working on a new layout for the site. Well, we're trying
to consider better ways to do the site, we're not really implementing
anything just yet. It may be less of a news site than it used to be, but
hopefully a better resource than it has been over the past year or so.
Joe
On Wednesday, June 26, 2002, at 05:14 AM, Gianluca Gorni wrote:

> Hello!
>
> My LaTeX Glossary for BBEdit is available from Gary Grey's site
> <http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/tools.html>
> and from BareBones' site
> <http://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/bbedit-glossaries.html>
> I don't keep a copy on my own site.
>
> The glossary contains virtually all the commands found in Lamport's
> LaTeX book and in the LaTeX Companion, plus a number of packages.
> The BBEdit glossary mechanism of one-file-per-item contributes to
> make the glossary huge. I suggested to BareBones that they add support
> for a comment/help field in the items, plus a glossary search engine.
> They seemed to like the idea.
>
> It would also be nice if bbautocomplete
> (<http://www.c-command.com/bbautocomplete/>)
> could permanently cache a list of (LaTeX) commands for immediate use.
> I made that suggestion too.
>
> I have made a number of corrections to the glossary since I posted it.
> I got a bit discouraged when neither sites bothered to update the
> archive last time I submitted a new version. If I detect some interest
> now I will make a new distribution.
>
> The glossary archive also contains some AppleScripts for BBEdit that
> address an issue that has come up recently on the mailing list:
> conversion between TeX commands and MacRoman encoding.
> If I knew perl I could probably translate the scripts into perl,
> since they are based on grep patterns. If anyone is interested
> I can send the latest version of the scripts, without the
> glossary.
>
> Best regards,
>
>                  Gianluca Gorni
>

> --
>

>  +---------------------------------+
>  | Gianluca Gorni                  |
>  | Universita` di Udine            |
>  | Dipartimento di Matematica      |
>  |   e Informatica                 |
>  | via delle Scienze 208           |
>  | I-33100 Udine UD                |
>  | Italy                           |
>  +---------------------------------+
>  | Ph.: (39) 0432-558422           |
>  | Fax: (39) 0432-558499           |
>  | mailto:gorni at dimi.uniud.it      |
>  | http://www.dimi.uniud.it/~gorni |
> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

Joseph C. Slater, PhD, PE, Associate Professor
Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engg, Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
Phone: (+1) 937-775-5085, Fax: (+1) 937-775-5009
http://www.engineering.wright.edu/~jslater

"help" (no quotes) in the body.