[OS X TeX] iTeXMac icons and TeXShop

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Sun Mar 10 19:08:00 EST 2002

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 05:38  PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> OK, this is rather trivial, but incredibly annoying nonetheless.  I once
> installed iTeXMac on my machine, which promptly colonized tex files by
> setting them to open with it instead of with TeXShop, and putting it's
> icon on each of those files as well.  Now, despite having deleted the
> damn thing from my system, I still find the same icon on every tex file I
> save with TeXShop.  How do I fix this (other than manually changing the
> icon on each file)?
>
> Bruce

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.

I had the same problem with the editor Pepper some time ago.

I think the following should work:

- Go to the Finder's "Get Info" for ONE of the files
- Select the tab "open with application", and choose "TeXShop"
- on the same tab, further below, choose "Change all", which applies the
operation to all files with the same extension

Holger

--
Dr. Holger Frauenrath
Department of Materials and Life Sciences

Phone: (847) 491-5950
Fax: (847) 491-3010
Email: mail at frauenrath.com
Web: www.frauenrath.com