[OS X TeX] iTeXMac icons and TeXShop

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at mac.com
Mon Mar 11 18:03:20 EST 2002

I am going to SCREAM!!!  I thought your suggestion worked Michael, but
it didn't.  I have tried everything, and nothing solves the problem
(deleting the LS pref files not once, but like five times, and deleting
every possible file associated with iTeXMac).

Any suggestions on where the problem lies?  Is there something about how
TeXShop writes files that would leave it prone to this?  I note that the
files in question have the following creator codes:  TeXs 54 65 58 73.
The type code is TEXT 54 45 58 54.

Or is my system just completely screwed up?  Or is it likely some
strange thing that iTeXMac did to my system that is completely opaque to
me?

Bruce

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 07:08  PM, Michael Murray wrote:

>> OK, this is rather trivial, but incredibly annoying nonetheless.  I
>> once installed iTeXMac on my machine, which promptly colonized tex
>> files by setting them to open with it instead of with TeXShop, and
>> putting it's icon on each of those files as well.  Now, despite having
>> deleted the damn thing from my system, I still find the same icon on
>> every tex file I save with TeXShop.  How do I fix this (other than
>> manually changing the icon on each file)?
>>
>> Bruce

>> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
>> ------------------------
>

> Hi Bruce
>

> I think that it should be enough to go to one file called something.tex
> and
> in the Finder do File > Show Info There is a menu saying General
> Information
> click on that and select Open with application. Set it to TeXShop and
> do the change all option.
>
> If that doesn't work go into ~Library/Preferences and delete the files
>
> LSApplications
> LSClaimedTypes
> LSSchemes
>

> and log out and log in again.  This last trick is supposed to be the
> OS X equivalent of rebuilding the desktop.
>

> Michael
> -- _________________________________________________________
> Assoc/Prof Michael
> Murray                                                   Department of
> Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
> 3696                                      University of
> Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174       Australia  5005
> Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au             Home Page:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
> PGP public key:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt