[OS X TeX] Re: The OzTeX CD

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Sun Mar 31 06:49:57 EST 2002

> Are you going to include enabled sets of fonts on the CD?

Yes, as many as I can legally include.

> Also , there was some discussion on the list some time ago about how,
> under OS X, files needed to be viewed at greater than 100% to look as
> smooth as they did under classic.  As I recall you made some comment
> about a difference between how ATM works and the corresponding part
> of OS X as being the cause of the problem.  In any event, this is
> certainly my experience.  Assuming I haven't missed something on the
> list, is there any resolution to this problem likely in the near
> future?

Not that I'm aware of. I think the problem -- for the CM/PS fonts
at least -- is that the bitmap info is being used by the OS X font
renderer at actual size and smaller.  Maybe the problem could be solved
by removing the bitmap info from the fonts (so only the outline info
is available), but I don't know how to do that (is Tom Kacvinsky on
this list?).

But I'm no expert on Mac fonts so take the above with a grain of salt.
Maybe some of the font gurus on this list would know more.

Andrew

"help" (no quotes) in the body.