[OS X TeX] Epstopdf and the bounding box?

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Sat Mar 2 11:24:42 EST 2002

BS> Hi,
BS> I apologize if this issue has already been discussed, I just joined the
BS> list.  I am recently attempting to incorporate self made .eps graphics into
BS> my tex documents.  So I have been using the epstopdf command.  The following
BS> is a typical exchange with the computer:

BS> -% epstopdf plot6.eps
BS> ==> Warning: BoundingBox not found!

If there is no bounding box, it is not a proper EPS files..

BS> Then the resulting pdf plot6.pdf will be a full page sized pdf when it
BS> should be only the size of the graphic.  This makes it very hard to use.
BS> Could anyone suggest a solution?

You said `self made' EPS file. Does that mean you make them by hand, or
create them with your own program? Anyway, take care that the proper
%%BoundingBox comment is added.
Otherwise epstopdf will not know what size your graphic is and can only
revert to a full-page PDF.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: P.van.Oostrum at hccnet.nl