[OS X TeX] Help: Mathtime

William McCallum mccallumwilliam at qwest.net
Sat Mar 23 21:34:10 EST 2002

On Saturday, March 23, 2002, at 07:20  PM, Adrian Heathcote wrote:

> However, it seems to me that users of TeXShop shouldn't need special
> Mac fonts. The fonts aren't going into any of the various system font
> folders are not being read as standard fonts. They go in the various
> folders of teTeX and are read by it alone. So the instructions for
> install should be as per any other teTeX-UNIX set up.
>
> Can someone confirm that this is so? If it is then the installation
> instructions should come as part of GW's distribution.

I think this is right. In fact, when I wanted to install my Postscript
Mathtime and MathPi fonts from Mac OS 9 into teTeX, I had to convert
them from the Macintosh format to .pfb format, which I believe is the
same format as Windows uses. So I would guess that downloading the
Windows versions will work fine, but haven't tried it.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.