[OS X TeX] Re: OzTeX 5.0a is now available

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Fri Mar 22 22:47:29 EST 2002

>>> I haven't d/l'd the alpha, yet, but I wanted to ask, how may this affect those of us who either installed Wierda's teTeX using fink (so that it is in fink's /sw directory) or who installed another version of teTeX?  Thanks.
>>
>> No problem.  Every search path in the config file starts with
>>
>>    OSX:usr:local:teTeX:share:...
>>
>> so just replace that prefix with the correct path for your teTeX.
>> Even users of Gerben's installer will have to replace "OSX" with the
>> name of their OS X start-up volume.
>
> I am d/l'ing 5.0a as I write, so this may be answered in the new docs.
> Forgive me if it is, but would I put the correct path in my LocalX file?

No, best to make a copy of the supplied "Use texmf tree" config file,
put the copy in your own config folder, make the necessary changes,
then add something like this near the top of your Local file (so all
Oz* apps read it):

load_config = ":myconfigs:Use texmf tree"

No need to put it in LocalX because you might want to access the texmf
files while running on OS 8/9.

But please read the notes in the supplied config file and then let me
know if anything is unclear.

Andrew

"help" (no quotes) in the body.