[OS X TeX] Fink and LaTeX2HTML question

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Mar 3 15:31:57 EST 2002

> At 08:25 -0500 on 03/03/02, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
> >I just tried to install the latex2html filter via Fink, but went
> >through the following process, which I canceled because I was
> >worried I'd screw something up (I am a unix neophyte, and hate
> >having to use the terminal!).  From the terminal:
> >
> >Bruce
>
> I installed latex2html via Fink over an existing teTeX installation.
> Be sure to select system-teTeX, not the real teTeX package(s). As I
> understand it, system-teTeX provides whatever other packages Fink
> installs with symbolic links to your already existing teTeX
> installation.
> I think you do need to install the entire xfree86, not system-xfree86
> as listed in your message, since apparently latex2html needs access
> to that. That takes a really very long time to install.
> Probably people with real knowledge of Unix and OS X can provide more details.

There is no dependency within LaTeX2HTML itself on having X software
installed.

If fink requires it, then this probably arises because LaTeX2HTML
requires having a TeX installation, and traditionally this has
included  xdvi  or  xdvik  --- but these are not needed with
pdfTeX on MacOS X.

So you should be able to exclude all the XFree stuff, if you don't
want it.

fink needs to fix up its dependencies, would be my guess.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> Martin Stokhof

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.