[OS X TeX] Two questions (documentation-related)

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 18:42:14 EST 2002

On March 27, Martin Stokhof writes:
> on my  PowerBook that isn't up 24/7. One of the tasks that's in
> MacJanitor' weekly script is to update the locate database. What
> happens is that after MacJanitor has done that, Locator can't find
> files anymore and needs to rebuild the database (which, as Locator
> warns, indeed takes quite some time). Is this a bug in MacJanitor?
> Locator?

probably you have the fink new version of locate installed in /sw
(rather than in /usr) which uses a different database. MacJanitor uses
/usr/libexec/locate.updatedb
To check which locate are you using, do a
which locate
cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.