PDF presentations /again/ [was Re: [OS X TeX] Equation Service]

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Fri Mar 22 05:11:24 EST 2002

> I hate to break the news to you: The Igor Pro Carbon doen't (yet)
> support output to pdf. You can of course _print_ to pdf, but that
> produces
> a whole page, with the figure on it. As far as encapsulated postscript
> is
> concerned: epstopdf usually does it for me, but yes: Acrobat's display
> of
> line-art is horrible.

Dragging EPS files onto TeXShop produces PDF files of exactly the same
size as the original EPS. That's what I do now for creating PDF figures
(suitable for inclusion in pdfTeX) out of Mathematica graphs: save all
the graphs as EPS files, then drag them onto TeXShop. I think this
launches a script ps2pdf in the background, I'm not quite sure; but
whatever it does, it does it very efficiently!

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.