PDF versus PS (was Re: [OS X TeX] Newbie install and font question)

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Mar 21 05:48:21 EST 2002

> Hi Ross
>
> While we are talking PDF whats the story with pdfmarks like page
> transitions in OS X?   They don't work at present in the Acrobat Reader
> OS X 5.05.  Can we expect that Acrobat Reader will support them
> at some time?   Or is this an OS X problem ?

I would certainly hope so.
All I can say (because I don't know anything else) is that
people at Adobe like MacOS X; so support should get better.

Try reporting this as a bug, at:  http://www.tug.org/twg/tfaa/

This site does get seen by Adobe engineers/programmers,
so it may help to up it's priority.

Cheers,

	Ross

>   I guess I am wondering if they are part of
> some official PDF description that all PDF viewers aspire to support.

> Does anyone know  a way of getting these to work without
> \begin{shudder} launching classic \end{shudder}.
>

> Thanks - Michael
> --
> Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
> Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
> University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
> Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
> Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
> PGP public key:
> http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt