[OS X TeX] Postscript font problem

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 4 05:47:56 EST 2002

Le 4/11/02 11:30, « Adrian Heathcote »
<adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au> a écrit :

> I have tested your file with xbembo and it comes out fine for me. Pound
> sign present, correct rate of exchange.
>

> My guess is that there is something wrong at the level of the .fd file.
> What is the m/ui part below? I don't recognise it.
>
>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OT1/pbb/m/ui' undefined
>> (Font)              using `OT1/pbb/m/n' instead on input line 5.
>
> Anyhow the glyph should be there.

Not in the OT1 encoding...

In the OT1 encoding, the '044 slot contains :
- the dollar symbol in roman shapes
- the pound symbol in italic shapes

In text mode \pound is \textsterling and see ot1enc.def \textsterling calls
\fontshape{ui}.

There is three solutions

1 - $\pounds$ (but the symbol will probably be slanted...
2 - install an ui version of the font
3 - use the T1 encoding...

--
Michel Bovani