[OS X TeX] BBEdit 7.0

M. Tamer =?ISO-8859-1?B?1g==?=zsu tozsu at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 14 10:11:21 EST 2002

>> Hi
>> So...the older threads are a little confusing on this: how does one
>> use BBedit with a visual engine like TeXShop to efficiently and
>> effectively edit-compile/run-view LaTeX documents now? Are you
>> constantly strapped to the unix command line in Terminal, or am I
>> missing something?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Ray Brock
>>

> Hi Ray,
>
> You can set TeXShop in the preferences so that  `Configure for
> External Editor' is selected then it will never launch its
> own internal editor but just latex, tex etc.
>
> Then you can have the file open in BBEdit and work on it and
> switch to TeXShop compile, switch back to BBEdit to edit etc.

I am having problems getting this to work. I have configured TexShop to work
with an external editor. I open a .tex file in BBEdit and edit it. When I
switch to TeXShop window, it brings up an empty page (switching to it is by
means of choosing TexShop on Dragthing, but that is probably not relevant).
Clicking LaTeX button opens a window to save the empty document. If I close
that window, then all functions are grayed out. I am doing something wrong,
but could not figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

I wish BBEdit would have the possibility of integration with Latex systems
the way Alpha had in OS9. Short of that, I wish there was a script to do all
of this from within BBEdit.

Thanks.

--
M. Tamer Ozsu