[OS X TeX] TeXShop bug related to selecting an unmatched brace

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Nov 19 15:10:57 EST 2002

Hi there,

Three times today, and sometimes in the past, I have experienced
TeXShop crashes which I think are bugs. This happened in TeXShop editor
as I had just selected an unmatched brace (, and was about to paste
some text (Cmd-V) on it. I'm not sure it's fully reproducible.

By the way, in the list of suggestions for possible TeXShop
improvement: please, please, please, give the user the possibility to
disactivate the automatic selection of the matching brace and of all
the text in between when one brace (parenthesis, square bracket, curly
brace) is selected.

Very often, when editing a mathematical formula, I select a brace of
one type to transform it into a brace of another type; doing this I
realize after a few seconds (or more) that I have replaced not only the
former brace, but also the matching brace and all the text in between,
by the new brace I have just typed. Most of the type I realize the
error in time for going back to the previous situation with a
reasonable number of Cmd-Shift-Z, sometimes it's too late and the
modifications were saved in the meantime.

Please... (If I had a picture of Calvin's eyes when he's telling this,
I would add it here.)

Bruno Voisin