[OS X TeX] Making an Image Stay In Place

William Adams wadams at atlis.com
Thu Nov 21 11:12:26 EST 2002

Bob asked:
>Is there someway to wrap text around a graphic in LaTeX? ConTeXt does
>that, but ConTeXt is more than I can handle on the daily basis right
>now.

It varies. For really complex documents where I want interaction between
figures and text, I set ``x x x...'' to fill text boxes set to
run-around the graphics in Altsys Virtuoso 2 (essentially FreeHand v4
for NeXTstep), then I dump to a PostScript file, convert that to a
line-by-line .rtf, convert that to line-by-line ASCII, then count the
``x''s to get the measurements for a series of \parshape commands.

If memory serves, Donald Arseneau has published more general macro
solutions to comp.text.tex...

William