[OS X TeX] Fatal Format File Error

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 16 10:44:43 EST 2002

Le 16/11/02 16:15, « Rick Zaccone » <zaccone at bucknell.edu> a écrit :

> I recently reinstalled tetex using i-Intaller.  It seemed to install
> without any problems and I think it was working.  (My memory might be
> faulty.)  Today I tried it and I get the following error:
>
> latex ex2.tex
> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1)

It seems to not be the good tex (at least if you use a recent installer)

Even with texlive 7, I have

[yoda:~] mbova% latex --version
TeX (Web2C 7.3.7x) 3.14159
kpathsea version 3.3.7

perhaps you are using an old tex (by fink ?) with recent pool-format files.

> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)
>
> I get this error from the command line or TeXShop.  I started up
> i-Installer and asked it to configure.  It did so without any errors,
> but the problem persists.  This is not a very helpful error message.
> Any suggestions?

1 - try

% which tex
in terminal

2 - Look at TeXshop pref panel -> engine : what are the paths ?

--
Michel Bovani