[OS X TeX] Re: MANPATH Problem with settcshtexpath

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Wed Oct 2 05:46:47 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, Oct 1, 2002, at 20:23 Europe/Amsterdam, Juan Falgueras
wrote:

> 	/etc/manpath.config is appened by teTeX that add the line
>
> MANPATH /usr/local/tetex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
> /usr/local/tetex/man

Actually:

MANPATH_MAP     /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
/usr/local/teTeX/man

> after that I suppose running  manpath  as says  "man manpath" should
> append to the environtment variable the corresponding mapping (between
> files in the (i dont understant why son funny named)

This is not strictly necessary.

> /usr/local/tetex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current (that must be also
> in the $path, as is) and the /usr/local/tetex/man  directory
>
> but this not works at least in my 10.2.1
>
> man latex does not works and you need to put
>
> man -M /usr/local/tetex/man  latex to see the corresponding man's

Make sure you have *NO* MANPATH environment variable set at all. Then
man will work just fine.

man tex

works on my system.

> Why so funny names?

What funny names?

> Why do not follow the starndards and name the bins
>
> /usr/local/tetex/bin/

Actually, I *am* following the standards Except that I intriduce an
extra symlink to make maintenance (a lot) easier.

> Why that not works?

Because the bins are not there?