[OS X TeX] What is Copy and Paste in OS X?

Roel Wuyts roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Oct 16 03:25:42 EDT 2002

We had lot of problems as well, especially with Microsoft apps
(Powerpoint, etc.).
Try to use 'Paste special' instead of 'paste' - it lets you choose the
format. Sometimes this helps. For the things that I paste, I always
have to use 'paste special'...

On Wednesday, October 16, 2002, at 08:20 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

>> This is a little off-topic, but why doesn't copy-n-paste between
>> applications work the way it "should" in OSX?  Example, draw a
>> diagram in Omnigraffle, copy it and paste it into a Word document.
>> When you view/print this, the diagram is fuzzy as if you clipped it
>> out of a pdf document using Acrobat reader.
>
> At one point there was a functionality in Word related to copy/paste
> illustrations (or was it a hidden OS-wide functionality?): doing a
> normal Copy (Cmd-C) copied a QuickDraw version of the figure which
> could then be pasted into Word, while Shift-Copy (Shift-Cmd-C) copied
> the EPS code for this figure and it was then this EPS version which
> was pasted into Word.
>
> I don't know what the situation is now, as I don't willingly use Word,
> I just found out about the above trick on occasions when I was giving
> colleagues a hand.
>
> Bruno Voisin

Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group
roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch                       University of Bern,
Switzerland
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/