[OS X TeX] Unicode and TexShop, iTexMac

Jérôme Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Mon Oct 14 04:07:28 EDT 2002

Le samedi, 12 oct 2002, à 06:47 Europe/Zurich, Cyril Niklaus a écrit :

> Hi all,
> Having recently decided to "waste" time banging my head on unicode and
> tex (and some perl to go back and forth between the two; unsuccessfull
> until now --perl newbie--, so if someone has an idea, please share), I
> did reformat one Sanskrit text from the normal TeX format to using
> directly letters with diacriticals (ie \={a} to ā etc).
> I had to do this in TextEdit as neither TeXShop or iTeXMac do display
> properly UTF-8, nor give the option to use UTF-8. They do compile
> properly the text though.
> Why is that so, and are there plans to bring UTF-8 support to these
> editors? Is it still too much of a mess at the moment?
> Cheers,

Please notice that iTeXMac provides support for UTF-8, and all other
encodings in Mac OS X: there is help available, I hope

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<array>
	<string>Mac Roman</string>
	<string>ISO 8859-1</string>
	<string>Windows Latin 1</string>
	<string>UTF-8</string>
	<string></string>
	<string>Mac Central European Roman</string>
</array>
</plist>

should be saved at

~/Library/Application\ Support/iTeXMac/General/Encodings.plist

If you want i can send this file as an attached document (I think the
list don't accept attached documents)