[OS X TeX] New Acrobat Reader (5.1) ...

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 22 10:49:28 EDT 2002

On 10/22/02 8:46 AM, "William McCallum" <mccallumwilliam at qwest.net> wrote:

> Speaking of repairing permissions, has anyone else noticed that their
> /tmp/var/texfonts/ directory has the wrong permissions? I had a problem
> that mktexpk was unable to write to this directory when it created pk
> files. I fixed this by adding global write permission to it and all its
> subdirectories. I wondered whether Apple's repair utility was the
> culprit here.

Howdy,

When you run Disk Utility->Repair Permissions you get a log of everything
that was done. I haven't seen anything being done to /tmp/* in my runs.

I've gotten into the habit of checking the permissions of /Library and
/Applications about once a week. If those have changed I know I've got to
run the repair facility. The permissions should be rwxrwxr-x, the owner
should be system (Apple's new name for root) and the group should be admin.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)