[OS X TeX] installing TeX-Fat.dmg: BSD subsystem

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Sun Oct 27 11:05:22 EST 2002

Le dimanche, 27 oct 2002, à 16:50 Europe/Paris, Tim Lighthiser a écrit :

> With the BSD subsystem installed everything seems to
> be running fine.

Does anybody know when in the installation process such a choice
can/must be done? I can't remember having ever instructed anything
about a BSD subsystem to my G4. But as my installation was OS 9 ->
Public Beta -> 10.0 update -> 10.1 update -> 10.2 update, I may have
missed something present in a direct install.

By the way, does anybody know a URL documenting Apple's notion of a BSD
subsystem, and why its installation may be considered optional?
(Nothing too technical, as I'm not a programmer, just an interested
user.)

Bruno Voisin