[OS X TeX] Re: elsart.cls

John B. Thoo jb2 at ms.yuba.cc.ca.us
Sat Oct 26 22:30:36 EDT 2002

On Saturday, October 26, 2002, at 05:00 PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List
wrote:

> Hi folks.  I'm trying to use a style file called elsart that Elsevier
> publications uses for their academic journals.  When I tex on my
> powerbook
> I get a very weird bug, which produces hundreds of pages, each with a
> few
> words on it.  Any ideas?

I used this last week w/out major problems:

\documentclass{elsart}

\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,natbib}

The only weirdness was that citation numbers in the text used round
brackets instead of square brackets, making it a bit confusing to read
because equation numbers appear in round brackets.  Would it help for me
to send you my elsart.cls file?

---John.