[OS X TeX] [OT] PDF Authoring without Acrobat

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Sep 11 05:37:25 EDT 2002

> Sorry if this is off topic.
>
> Does anyone know of any freely available tools to manipulate an
> existing PDF?
> Basically I need to define some areas as buttons and set some
> properties like "open full screen" and stuff like that.

This can be done using the  hyperref package,
assuming you have TeX sources for the original document.

If you don't have the sources, then you could import
all of the pages into a new document as images,
and include also the areas which you want to make active.
It's a lot harder to do, but certainly possible.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore