Changing texmf.cnf. Was:[OS X TeX] please help me with pdftricks

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Sep 17 03:57:50 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 12:16 , Troy Goodson wrote:

> (pdftricks)                No \write 18 capability.
> (pdftricks)                You'll have to run a script by yourself!
>
> what's up here?  I thought I could avoid this with a
> ~/Library/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf, containing "shell_escape = t"

texmf.cnf foes not follow the inclusion rules of TeX as that would
constitute a circular dependency (texmf.cnf defines how the search order
is, it can therefore not depend on it).

If you want shell_escape set to t you need to edit the system wide
/Library/teTeX/texmf.cnf (it's in there). These changes will survive an
update by my installers.