[OS X TeX] Configuration of teTeX under Jaguar

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Sep 17 04:33:44 EDT 2002

There have been many emails on this list following the transition OS X
10.1 -> 10.2. I did not understand most of them, as they were related
with shell configuration files (if I understood that correctly), and I
have never used such files (hopefully never will, I find this very
un-Mac-like).

But I am still faced with the same problem, apparently related to this,
the unability to drag EPS files onto TeXShop to convert them to PDF.
For the moment I am using "apply epstopdf *.eps" from Terminal.app, but
I think it's less convenient.

So, in short: is there some simple modification of configuration files,
which would allow teTeX (and TeXShop) to behave under OS X 10.2 in the
same way as they did under 10.1, and which would not alter in any way
the behaviour of other applications?

I remember somebody mentioning a script settextcshpath (or with a
similar name) from Gerben, but I did not find this script on Gerben's
web site. Or is this Gerben's ftp site?

Bruno Voisin