[OS X TeX] Configuration of teTeX under Jaguar

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpalacios at mac.com
Tue Sep 17 07:55:08 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 04:33  AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> There have been many emails on this list following the transition OS X
> 10.1 -> 10.2. I did not understand most of them, as they were related
> with shell configuration files (if I understood that correctly), and I
> have never used such files (hopefully never will, I find this very
> un-Mac-like).

...snip...

> I remember somebody mentioning a script settextcshpath (or with a
> similar name) from Gerben, but I did not find this script on Gerben's
> web site. Or is this Gerben's ftp site?
>
> Bruno Voisin

	Sorry for the un-Mac-like stuff Bruno, but Unix *is* very useful:

[PowerBook:/usr/local/teTeX] juan% find . -name "*path" -print
./bin/powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/kpsepath
./bin/powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/settcshtexpath
[PowerBook:/usr/local/teTeX] juan%

	So what you have to do is to cd into
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin5.5/ and then at the command
prompt enter " ./settcshtexpath". That's period-slash-command to avoid
any possible errors because probably that directory is not in your path
(if it were you wouldn't have to execute the discussed command, I
guess). If you are prompted about permissions then try to either become
root (su) or try to precede the command with sudo and when asked enter
your own password.

	Sorry if you feel patronized if you're not a Unix beginner!

	Hope that helps. Regards,...

		Juan.