OT:Re: [OS X TeX] More about UFS

William Adams wadams at atlis.com
Tue Sep 10 16:39:26 EDT 2002

Bob K. asked:
>I'm new to the list. So if this is too much off topic, just let me
>know. I have heard UFS is slower than Mac OS Extended. True? What does
>that mean? How can a file system be fast or slow?

HFS+ has spiffy indexing features to optimize for performance / finding

>fsck seems to work on
>Mac OS Extended.

Yeah, now that I think about it, Mike Paquette said something about that
on comp.sys.next.* Not sure I'd trust it to fix things on HFS+
though---I've already had one disk problem on an HFS+ volume which Mac
OS X couldn't fix on re-boot.

William