[OS X TeX] Where to put cls/sty

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Wed Sep 25 17:06:10 EDT 2002

Another way to go about is to create a texmf tree with the relevant
structure in the Library in your home directory. In your case:
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex
The advantage is that when you install a new version of teTeX the files
are not overwritten. All files placed in this texmf tree are
immediately available.

Best,
Martin Stokhof

On Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002, at 21:39 Europe/Amsterdam, Juan Manuel
Palacios wrote:

> 	Somewhere in your /usr/local tree you should have a directory named
> something like teTeX.local. If you are running the latest Gerben's
> packages then that should be /usr/local/teTex.texmf.local/, where you
> should find other directories named tex/latex/. Create a new directory
> with the name of the package you are trying to install and place the
> relevant files in there.
>
> 	To make your teTeX installation aware of the new packages you should
> run the command "sudo texhash" and all the information about the
> available classes and  packages in your system should be updated.
>
> 	Hope that helps. Regards,...
>

> 		Juan.
>
> On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, at 03:14  PM, Stephan Hochhaus wrote:
>
>> Hello list!
>>
>> I have finally to download my very first custom package and
>> successfully create a .cls and .sty file from it using TeXShop
>> becuase every other way failed.
>> Now where would I put these files in order to be able to work with
>> them? Should they be placed in the /usr/local/teTex folder or is it
>> enough to place them in the TeXShop directory?
>> I am still very new to this and my LaTeX companion book hasn't
>> arrived yet...
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Stephan

---
ILLC/Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Humanities, Universiteit van
Amsterdam
Nieuwe Doelenstraat 15, NL-1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands
phone: +31 20 5254540, fax: +31 20 5254503
e-mail: stokhof at hum.uva.nl, homepage:
http://staff.science.uva.nl/~stokhof