[OS X TeX] Where to put cls/sty

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpalacios at mac.com
Wed Sep 25 17:12:51 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, at 05:06  PM, Martin Stokhof wrote:

> Another way to go about is to create a texmf tree with the relevant
> structure in the Library in your home directory. In your case:
> ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex
> The advantage is that when you install a new version of teTeX the files
> are not overwritten. All files placed in this texmf tree are
> immediately available.
>
> Best,
> Martin Stokhof

	Files in the teTeX.texmf.local tree shouldn't be overwritten by an
update either, that's why they bear the label "local", but the
~/Library/texmf/ tree should be just as fine. They way I like to think
of it is that the non standard files desired to be available to all
system users in a multi user workstation should go in teTeX.texmf.local/
and the non standard files that a particular user wants to use without
sharing with other users should go in the private ~/Library/texmf tree.
I think that's the most organized way to do it, but that's just my
taste...

	On the other hand, are you sure Martin that they files in the
~/Library/texmf tree don't need "texhash" run on them to become
available?

	Regards,...

		Juan.