[OS X TeX] Re: TeXShop "errors"?

Peter Hammond peter.hammond at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 26 20:36:40 EDT 2002

responding to "David Wagner" <wagner at math.uh.edu>

> When I use TeXShop, I get many messages in /var/log/system.log like
> this:
>
> Sep 25 12:41:59 grace-math-uh-edu
> /Applications/TeXShop_Folder/TeXShop.app/Contents/MacOS/TeXShop:
> kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 6 for font id 41317
> Sep 25 12:41:59 grace-math-uh-edu
> /Applications/TeXShop_Folder/TeXShop.app/Contents/MacOS/TeXShop:
> kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 6 for font id 49518
> Sep 25 12:41:59 grace-math-uh-edu
> /Applications/TeXShop_Folder/TeXShop.app/Contents/MacOS/TeXShop:
> kCGErrorFailure : can't find name id 6 for font id 41325

Yesterday, I was getting similar messages when printing a PDF file
using Apple's Preview application. For example:

Sep 25 18:01:58 PeterHammond3
/Applications/Preview.app/Contents/MacOS/Preview: kCGErrorFailure :
can't find name id 6 for font id 49759

The file was all text (actually, a legal document), and it seems I did
not even have TeXShop running. So probably this is an Apple bug ...

Peter J. Hammond
Department of Economics
Stanford University
579 Serra Mall