Why GS 7 ? [Was: Re: [OS X TeX] New version of TeX]

Maarten Sneep sneep at nat.vu.nl
Wed Sep 25 10:38:36 EDT 2002

On 25-Sep-02 Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I did not do this when I originally went from 6 to 7 (many months ago)
> -- I simply installed 7 over 6. I haven't had any problems. Why does
> this need to be done?

You might end up with a mixed installation. It is slightly safer to remove and
then install. You might not experience problems, but it may depend on the type
of usage. I just followed Gerbens advice.

Kind regards,

Maarten Sneep

"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to
factor large prime numbers."
Bill Gates, The Road Ahead, Viking Penguin (1995)